Books and Materials
Below is a list of what you need to get started on the violin.
The Amazon shopping list is a simple and easy way for me to provide examples of items that beginners have probably never purchased before. You do not have to buy from Amazon, however - in fact, you may get a better deal buying from a local music shop or a different online vendor.
• Violin and bow in working condition, correctly sized for the student
• Shoulder sponge or rest, as directed
• Soft cleaning cloth
• Books as directed
Additional Recommended Materials
• Bag for transporting materials to and from lessons
• Music Stand (for practicing at home, I have stands at my studio)
• Notebook for writing down assignments and tracking/journaling about practice
Where to Shop
• Christian Eggert Violins (in Canal Park)
• Schmitt Music (in Miller Hill Mall)
Examples from Amazon